|From time I photograph the building to the finished mixed media print, I 'm actively involved in all the transformations of the image.
1. The camera takes a slide of the building. That slide is used as a reference to draw and paint the watercolor.
2. The camera transfers the painting back to a chrome/slide or 4 x 5.
3. The slide is scanned into a digital file and put on a CD.
4. The digital file is meticulously repainted with a digital pressure sensitive pen and pad.
5. The re-painted digital file is sent to be made into an Iris print on watercolor paper.
6. The finished print is worked over with different combinations of pastels, color pencil , watercolor, and /or acrylic.
With new forms of capturing and producing imagery, there may be another additional layer to add to revisiting and revising the image.